“Top 10 Guide” - things to experience in Wellfleet and Cape Cod
1. Hike one of the many trails at the Wellfleet Bay Wildlife Sanctuary. Then participate in one of the many programs they offer. Such as a seal cruise, kayaking, or a guided walk.
2. Pack a lunch and bike along the 24 mile Cape Cod Rail trail that winds along salt marshes, fresh water kettle ponds, and wild cranberry bogs.
3. Spend the day at any of Wellfleet’s ocean or bayside beaches. Many people do this everyday of their vacation. There is nothing better than catching some rays and playing on the beach. Don’t forget to bring a lunch and spend the day at a leisurely pace.
4. Browse through the merchants at the Wellfleet Flea Market and at twilight come back as the cars roll in for the nostalgic outdoor drive-in.
5. Watch a sunset at Duck Harbor then head over to the town pier and tap your feet to the sounds of the square dance party.
6. Experience the thrill of being on the water and searching for whales on the Dolphin Fleet. Don’t miss Provincetown’s many varied restaurants, art galleries, and shops. Make sure you set time aside to climb the Monument and explore the Provincetown Museum. The view at the top of the monument is worth the effort.
7. The National Seashore operates two visitor centers, Salt Pond and Provincelands. Both have bike trails, information about pilgrims, Native American’s, early settlers, geology, and flora and fauna. The Provincelands also has an old life saving station, the precursor to the U.S. Coastguard.
8. Watch the Nation’s premier collegiate summer baseball league at Eldredge Park.
9. Enjoy a cocktail and live music at the Wellfleet Beachcomber.
10. Breakfast at Harrigan’s Café is truly a treat. Enjoy the outdoor patio or the light and bright dinning room. The homemade corn beef hash is the best around. Or try a fluffy omelet or Eggs Benedict. If you don’t have time for breakfast, grab a fruit smoothy on the way out and a deli sandwich for your beach bag. The deli and smoothy bar are located in the lobby of the Wellfleet Lodge.